Tuesday, November 9, 2010

right before moving out of SB

Work has been brutal these past few days.  In summary...

the company that makes the software I work with is often negligent, which can result in big messes for the clients... which is usually why they hire me to clean it up.

my client's accounting dept. has been making a mess of things for 2 years in their accounting system, which is why they hired me to clean it up.

but if you put the two messes together at the same time in the same week, it means I stay at the office 'till late for several days in a row... today I think I got over the major hump and got the accounting dept. back online... for a week they were waiting for me to clean up the mess so they could continue processing invoices... no pressure, just the entire company is holding its breath waiting for me to see if I can repair their systems.

So now that I just now got them back online and entering transactions again, I was taking a look at pictures to put up on the blog (don't have any from HK on my computer at the moment) and ran across this one.  It seems like a life time ago that we were in Santa Barbara enjoying ourselves so nicely there.  This picture is days before our departure.  I have the cutest kids and sweetest wife without a doubt.

No comments: