Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yay they're home!

Yesterday right around noon I went to the airport in Santa Barbara to pick up my little family.  They had been gone for TWO WEEKS!  in Houston.

We did that because I needed to put in about 12 hours a day for 2 weeks straight to get some things sorted out with work related issues, and it was too hard for me to do that when the kiddos have such a hard time with me being gone all the time.

So yesterday they came back, healthy and happy.  I was glad.

To celebrate, I took Sebastian to the beach (after his two hour nap) late in the afternoon.  He found a rock house complete with a lizard on it.  Here are two pictures:

The lizard let me get quite close to take a portrait.  I see potential for someone's bedroom wall here.

OK back to work!  (or rather... job hunting and interviewing).

Oh yeah... some news:

1. I closed down the startup, Project Scholarship due to adverse investing and team member developing environments.

2. Now I'm looking for a full time job.

3. It is possible that we're going to move to Austin, TX for a while to cut down on expenses.

More later!

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I am proud of both you and Marian...great team! And, wonderful little kids! Thanks for letting us borrow them for almost two weeks.
Austin? Really?

christel behrens said...

While it saddens me to think of you maybe leaving Santa Barbara, I'm also proud of you...to be preparing for another step in your life adventure, the four of you together!
Bon courage and lots of blessings
Christel